Abby City Hall & Library

Abbotsford City Hall & Library


Abbotsford, at the junction of Highways 29 and 13, is home to over 160 businesses and industries which provide a wide variety of services and employment opportunities. The school district offers a well-balanced curriculum with modern classrooms and technical facilities. The city has a library, bowling alley, softball and baseball diamonds, parks, movie theater, many restaurants, a golf-driving range, indoor swimming pool and tennis courts. There are numerous antique shops in the city and surrounding area. Industry is served by two major highways and railway freight service. Abbotsford is home to the annual Abbotsford Christmas Parade, held since 1971, on the first Saturday in December at 7:30 p.m. The parade features costumed characters and colorfully lit floats and delights thousands of spectators who come from all over Wisconsin each year. Another well-known Abbotsford attraction is the huge ice cream cone sold at a local dairy store. This community in the heart of dairyland is proud of its farm community heritage

City of Abbotsford Resources :
City of Abbotsford
Abbotsford School District
Abbotsford Public Library
Economic Development


The population of the City of Colby is 1,708 people.

Colby is the birthplace of Colby cheese. A historical marker is located downtown commemorating Joseph Steinwand for the development of Colby cheese in the 1880s. For more information about the development of Colby cheese, please click on the History page.

Council meetings are held on the first Tuesday each month at 7:30 p.m. at the City Hall.

City of Colby Resources :

City Of Colby
Colby Public School District
Colby Public Library
Economic Development


Curtiss is a quaint village located along the Yellowstone Trail with easy access on and off major Highway 29. With a population of 249, it is the home of Abbyland Pork Pac, Curtiss Metal Connection, Cloverdale Country Warehouse, NFO Marketing, Neitzel Trucking, El Norteno Restaurant and Banquet Hall, Curtiss Travel Plaza, D&S Milling, Maki Welding, and Walter’s Repair and Antique Toy Tractor and Truck Store. In the middle of the village is the Curtiss Community Center, formerly, the Curtiss School. Some highlights held during the year include an Easter Egg Hunt with more than $2,000 in donated prizes and more than 500 attending. Another feature is Curtiss Days, hosting tractor, truck,  and ATV pulls and shows, a quilt show, softball games, and lots of food. It is known for its charcoal grilled chicken dinner cooked over an open pit with all the trimmings. Come join us!


Named after Dorchester, Massachusetts (a suburb of Boston) the Dorchester name traveled west to Wisconsin with Charles L. Colby and the arrival of the Wisconsin Central Railroad Company in 1873. Dorchester was later incorporated in 1901. Dorchester is a small community with a large variety of year-round activities. Our beautiful 43-acre park is the site of the S.S. Dorchester Memorial, honoring over 600 men who died in WWII off the coast of New Foundland in 1942. June brings the annual Dorchester Days. A June Dairy Breakfast is hosted by area farmers. Dorchester is a friendly, small village with something for everyone.  Click here to visit the Village of Dorchester’s website.

Events: Dorchester Days – June 15th, 16th, 17th 2012

Village Contacts:  President – Daniel H. Krause
Clerk/Treasurer – Judy Robida  715-654-5006
Deputy Clerk/Treasurer – Kathy Cook


Mr. and Mrs. Edmund Creed and Mr. and Mrs. Fritz Henry Darling first settled the Village of Unity in 1872. Creed was the one who chose the name Unity because of the unification of the people who had settled here. In 1873, a man named Mr. J.D. Spaulding came to Unity from Black River Falls and built a sawmill. This sawmill opened up many new jobs, created a high demand for hotels and homes to be built. Thus, Unity began growing. In 1874, Unity built its first 1-room schoolhouse and in the same year, the railroad was completed. In 1883, John R. Salter organized the construction of the first High School; that burned down in the fall of 1890. A new grade school/high school was built in 1910. The first church was built in 1880, and destroyed by a tornado in 1905. Due to hard work, the small town became home to as many as 424 people. Unity established itself to be a very prosperous community with pride in the rich heritage that has been here before us.  Click here to access the Village of Unity website.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email